Monday, August 3, 2009

5 Ways to Make Your Blog Successful


Everybody would agree that writing blogs is an art ! Talented Bloggers are like artists; they have the art to make an ordinary post look special, their each line appear to be stolen from Shakespeare. Or Sometimes it appears as if Shakespeare himself has descended in their bodies and makes them write such beautiful lines.

Data from www.technorati.com suggests that one blog is created by netizens every three seconds. If this is the speed at which blogs are being created and posts written, I would personally like to request to the Almighty to grant a Monthly Seasonal Ticket (MST) or a Travel Card with 10 percent discount (Delhi Metro type) to Poor Shakespeare so that he could commute from one blogger to the other helping them out in their next award winning posts!

Sadly enough Shakespeare cannot land into every Tom, Dick and Harry's body. So other talented souls often visit our planet to help bloggers out in their struggle to blog. Like the great Laxmikant Berde(LB) often visits mine and thats how I get the inspiration to write such great stuff day in and day out ! And to let you people know, Laxmi is the one to make GreatBong what he is today. Hope LB does the same for me as well !

I had a long discussion with LB about how to succeed in this blogworld full of cut throat competition. The only other phenomena to match the exponential growth of bloggers around has been the splurge in the number of MJ fans in India. These fans had been content listening to pure bollywood and bhojpuri songs on their favorite radio stations through their Samsung Guru mobiles; and the very next day after poor MJ departed, they turned into his fans and purchased all his CDs, tapes, mp3 in the town. Not able to understand a line MJ sang, these die-hard fans are the culprits behind making "Michael Jackson Lyrics" the number one searched item on the internet off late.

Anyway, last time LB came down here, he gave me 5 tricks to make my blog the most popular and my adsense account amongst the richest.What I hate him the most for is that I have a feeling that he has already spilled the tricks to other people too. Thats why I have decided to let all my readers know tricks to be a successful blogger ! Here is a quick five pointer:

You scratch my back and I scratch yours technique: Make trivial comments like "Nice post.. Your blog is the best!!" on 100s of other blogs everyday, hoping that some of them will return to your blog and increase traffic.

The Apna Haath Jagannath technique: Make multiple anonymous comments on your own blog praise your own posts with phrases like, " 1) I am speechless after reading such an amazing blog..2) Am I lucky to visit this place...3) Are you the next J K Rowling??..." . It will give an impression that your blog is followed by a lot of people and readers try to join the bandwagon.

Ego Search/twitter/stumble technique: Search about your blog on google. Then track it down. The trick is to start searching from after the 10th page. Thats where you can expect your blog to be. Then religeously click your link every hour until your page rank goes up.Apart from this Twittering about your blog with tweets like, " here is the funniest post I have ever read .... " also helps.

The Blackmailing/Threatining Technique: Start pressurising your friends and colleagues to visit your blog. Dont forget to ask them to hit the ads once they come. It is well known that simple coersion doesnt work here. A threat to spam or leave suicide notes on your friends name if your demands are not fulfilled generally works well !

"Become the Rakhi Sawant of the Blogging world" technique: Be controversy's best friend. Make most posts on controvertial topics regularly. Tease Shiv Sena, IIPM or Barkha Dutt. Sooner or later, someone will take offense and your blog will hit the headlines.

I still feel LB hasn't unveiled all the techniques to me yet! Please help me out and let me know the remaining so that I could make my blog rich and famous as well !

17 comments:

  1. Ha Ha!!!!
    Laxmikant Berde is my favorite actor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha... but let me warn you that you will hurt lot of sentiments with this hilarious post of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey blog template is good as last one was very heavy and used to take ages to open. This is better and lot simpler. Header is simple but I am missing your punchline - Haha Kar macha de.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wonder which technique you used

    ReplyDelete
  5. changed template is good

    ur blog make a lot of money

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Anon..
    I agree. I was an all time legend. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Adesh,
    Sach hamesha kadwa hota hai :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Everymatter,
    Thanks for liking the new template. Keep visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey everymatter.
    Our financials are on you bro. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmm...interesting pointers. Learnt a trick or two ;)

    Simple and sober template! Gives a very neat and clean look to the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice post. Your blog is the best! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Shilpa,
    Thanks for liking the new template.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Rambler,
    You have made both the authors senti..
    Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey, i have actually met a blogger number 4. Long story but i will try to share in short. i used to be on a blogging platform and was decently popular with my stories n poems. then this "Lady" started leaving comments like - "u guys only visit her blog. i am crying. tears are flowing. i am crying so much i cant even see. you wont u visit me." on each blog at the portal.. the limit was crossed with her accusing me of having "bad upbrining" cz i was not forcing my 'friends' to visit her!

    man... it was insane! i kept mum.. avoided any reaction to her but one say just moved to blogspot :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Chhaya,
    The list we have put together has been formulated after extensive research of blogger behavior. Hence the accuracy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Bhatakti-Atma (wandering wanderer) - he he... so now onwards if u guys dont "visit me" .. i will give ur blog address to her :D

    ReplyDelete